Author Topic: Corrected cards  (Read 4901 times)

Gabbi

Re: Corrected cards
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 01:01:09 PM »
This is GREAT news, Chad, thanks for your support!

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2014, 02:09:38 PM »
I think we should have a rolling POD deck of errata, so that anyone can print out what they need. Putting that together will be one of Kaile's next tasks. It would be great if someone volunteered to coordinate with her to make sure she gets everything.

I don't mind doing that.  Between the rules & cards google docs I've sort of been the go-to person on errata anyhow.
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

gull2112

• Administrator
  • From the RUSH faction
    • Meditations on Brain Injury
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2014, 04:29:01 PM »

Whether we can use the old art is a question. If Kaile can't find it in our archives then at least the Hawk and Undead art we might be able to get from the original artist. Otherwise we may have to use high-res scans of existing cards.

In another darker chapter of my life I scanned a friend's high buck magic card, glued it ever so carefully to a land card, sold it to another friend who played it in a tournament, and he never got caught. That was over twenty years ago with an inexpensive printer. A scan should be good enough. I can blog how to do it when the time comes.
"Rules are only as good as the book they're bound in."
http://gullsbattleground.blogspot.com/

Ostegun

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2016, 01:47:30 PM »
We really need to get the errata PDF thing going. Will look through my scans and see if I can do something in the meantime but it will never look as good as the original card.
The bull bears it's horns in hope. Hope to fend off those who would feed on it's love. The love of all the ones who held the wall upon which all memories have been written. Existence fussed to rip and explode the bull into the breach of threat.To scream in all the colors the essence of it's love.

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2016, 02:18:37 PM »
We once upon a time had all the errata'd cards in a PDF.  I can't find it now, but it's on the list of things that I need to hassle Marcus to get done.

Ostegun

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2016, 04:01:15 PM »
Good to know. If I can help in any way let me know.

Working on including all the errata in the 3.1 vs of the rules at the moment in the book to have my own 3.2 version to carry around. XD
The bull bears it's horns in hope. Hope to fend off those who would feed on it's love. The love of all the ones who held the wall upon which all memories have been written. Existence fussed to rip and explode the bull into the breach of threat.To scream in all the colors the essence of it's love.

joeyeti

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2016, 04:31:10 AM »
I have a PDF titled "New Battleground Cards" (not sure where I downloaded it from) - being 3 pages long, with 24 card boxes (just text), some of the cards are duplicates.

Might this be the file Hannibal is referring to? Or is it something different still?

Link to the PDF: https://app.box.com/s/j2n39w0i4s3v234j8ujwars74y0cippz

BubblePig

• Shoeless God of War
  • Playtester
  • Y'all are just hating on my steez.
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2016, 04:28:54 PM »
Not sure where I downloaded mine from either, but the last link in the top post of "useful links" leads to that same pdf on my google drive if I remember correctly.

I already know that the links to Bohan's TTS and VASSAL files dead end somewhere, but if any of the other links are dead I would appreciate a heads up.

joeyeti

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2016, 08:26:24 PM »
Does any of you guys have a list of the faction-specific cards (with effects) for Wuxing and Monsters&Mercs? The cards standard for all factions are already in, as well as the faction-specific cards for the other BFW factions (with corrections as per the Errata PDF for the Command cards).

These two are the only ones I am missing from the Command card table currently (not diving into Historical Warfare myself).

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2016, 09:53:13 PM »
Wuxing card text is here.
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

joeyeti

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2016, 10:03:15 PM »
Wuxing card text is here.
Thx Kevin, but I do not have access to the Dev forum... If I could be added to the list, it would be great! If not, life goes on :)

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2016, 10:53:15 PM »
Opportunities Multiply:  (2)  Play during an attack on a unit which neither charging nor being charged, after you roll to hit.  

The to-hit dice can not be rerolled.  

For each hit indicated by the dice, roll an additional to-hit die, up to a maximum of 3 dice.

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.

Ensure Victory:  (2)  Play during an attack, before you roll to hit.  Your unit gets (+1) +0/+0 this attack.

The to-damage dice can not be rerolled (except for “Reliable” rolls, if applicable).  

Change one to-damage die to a 1.

If you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory is ensured.

Ground of No Defeat:  (2)  Play during an attack, before the opponent rolls to hit.

Your unit gets +1/+0 this attack.   The attacking unit gets (-1) -0/-0 this attack.  If your unit is not in the green, the attacking unit gets an additional (-1) -0/-0 this attack.

One skilled at battle takes a stand in the ground of no defeat.

No Calamity Feared: (2)  Choose one:

Choose one:

Play during an attack, either after your opponent rolls to hit or after he rolls to damage. Your opponent rerolls that set of dice.

Play on one of your units during the Movement and Command phase.  If the unit is a Construct, do not mark its Breakdown box this turn. Otherwise that unit passes all courage checks this turn.

Prohibit the taking of omens, and do away with superstitious doubts. Then, until death itself comes, no calamity need be feared.

Feign Inferiority: (1) Play during an attack before your opponent rolls to hit.  Your unit gets -1/+1 this attack.

If your unit would take two or more damage this attack, prevent one damage.  

All warfare is based on deception.  Feign inferiority and encourage his arrogance.

Beyond Defeat
: (1)   Play on an engaged unit during the Movement-and-Command phase.  

Your unit attacks first at (+2) +0/+0 and does one "wound" if the attack produces none.  This attack causes no damage to the opponent unit, but each “wound” prevents one wound from that unit's first engaged attack on your unit this turn.

Those who are skilled in conflict put themselves beyond defeat and lie in wait to defeat the enemy.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 10:57:54 PM by Kevin »

joeyeti

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2016, 07:43:50 AM »
Thx Kevin!