Author Topic: Corrected cards  (Read 5497 times)

Gabbi

Corrected cards
« on: December 01, 2014, 02:36:14 PM »
Simple request: I would like to get phisical replacements for all the updated and corrected cards up to now.
Standing to this thread, the Command Cards alone are more than the ones downloadable from YMG website.

Anyway, this could be done in many ways. The two more viable are (imho):
1) making a pack to be sold on BGG's GeekStore
2) make a public album/deck on ArtsCow or similar service for anyone to order a print by himself (I believe the service would also pay a fee to the album creator (i.e. YMG) for each deck ordered, too).
I've said ArtsCow because is the most famous one, but I would go for Printer Studio, that I find immensely better (albeit not so user-friendly in their editing software). I'll go this way myself with the corrected cards provided (scanning myself the "missing sides") but getting a professional product, made from the hi-res originals by YMG people thant already did this many times before (so I assume they're better than me at doing it ^^) would be highly preferable.

Anyone would be interested in such a product?

gull2112

• Administrator
  • From the RUSH faction
    • Meditations on Brain Injury
Re: Corrected cards
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 04:29:18 PM »
I'd be interested. Always one for top quality components.
"Rules are only as good as the book they're bound in."
http://gullsbattleground.blogspot.com/

leemie

• Playtester
    • my fan made stuff
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 06:28:33 PM »
+1

BubblePig

• Shoeless God of War
  • Playtester
  • Y'all are just hating on my steez.
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 06:50:20 PM »
+2

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 11:00:15 AM »
+3
"Art as expression, not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations"
-Rush, Natural Science

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 11:07:16 AM »
+4
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

gatesphere

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 11:16:10 AM »
+5

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 01:18:41 PM »
Maybe someone here should email or PM Chad about the idea.  (Call your fly ball here, people...we don't need 5 people sending him the exact same email).

I can work with Kaile to locate the original art (if possible) at which point I think it's a simple tweaking of verbiage in Photoshop, then uploading in the proper format.

One thing I wanted to push was a Kickstarter next spring to redo Hawkshold with new artwork, and as part of that have a stretch goal be to print a pack of errata Command Cards for all the factions in the nice glossy cardstock.

gull2112

• Administrator
  • From the RUSH faction
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2014, 02:07:16 PM »
That would be an awesome way to update the tired old decks. The Orcs could certainly benefit from new artwork. Obviously, that depends on how much old stock is still on hand.

I know there was a time when the corrected versions of the cards were available on this site. Maybe they still are. I know that it is quite possible to print them out and trim them carefully and glue them on to the backs of the incorrect cards. Obviously this doesn't work for unit cards, but I've done it with command cards, and it takes a serious perusal to spot them.

Perhaps that fine a detail is a bit daunting, I will try and post a simple tutorial on my blog. Ordinarily I could do this right away, but I just got a job (my early retirement was too good to last), so now I'll have a little more money and a lot less time.  :P :)

BubblePig

• Shoeless God of War
  • Playtester
  • Y'all are just hating on my steez.
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 02:03:56 PM »
I am calling the fly ball.

Given the negative zero's recent misfortune how about just putting up GWE, Ancient Red, T-Rex, Hydra, (am I forgetting any?) to start and then intermittently editing the artwork and adding any cards that have been subject to an errata such as skelis, lowbloods, scutarii, Command Cards, etc. ?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 02:06:35 PM by BubblePig »

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 04:09:24 PM »
I managed to speak with Kaile and she confirmed that old artwork is before her time.  She thinks she can dredge up as far back as the Dwarves, but that means she wasn't able to locate Hawkshold, Undead, Orcs, & Ravenwood.  Apparently, there is a stack of CDs she'd have to go through to even get that far (and she's not sure they're on the CDs). 

Long story short is it would be a major pain in the @$$ to make this happen.  Doesn't mean we can't try and locate the art, but it definitely won't be soon.

The good news is that Chad said that he's exploring redoing at least Hawkshold (since the start is out) with new artwork.

gull2112

• Administrator
  • From the RUSH faction
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 05:33:13 PM »
It is not my desire to have the orcs redone with the same artwork. I was thinking new artwork, since the extant artwork is sub prime. And Orcs are one type for which there exists lots of excellent art. Otherwise, just leave 'em.

Gabbi

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2014, 03:42:48 PM »
While I'm with the ones who would had preferred hand drawn art for the game (I know I'm not alone ;) but I have quite learned to like and appreciate it as it is and as an artistic choice - also helped by the fact that art quality is improving deck after deck), I don't feel the need to re-do any of the decks. Apart for the single Undead Abomination card. I simply can't stand the sight of that pink mess. Ugly, ugly card.

Hannibal

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2014, 03:45:12 PM »
Well, Hawkshold is currently the only one that would be redone (if at all) because the starter deck is out of print.

For the others, it would be case of tracking down the original art.  Which, like I said, isn't impossible but would be difficult.  When things calm down a bit, I'll see if it can be done.

Chad_YMG

• Administrator
    • Your Move Games
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2014, 09:44:49 AM »
Hi All,

I think we should have a rolling POD deck of errata, so that anyone can print out what they need. Putting that together will be one of Kaile's next tasks. It would be great if someone volunteered to coordinate with her to make sure she gets everything.

Whether we can use the old art is a question. If Kaile can't find it in our archives then at least the Hawk and Undead art we might be able to get from the original artist. Otherwise we may have to use high-res scans of existing cards.

David Humphrey está todavía en la Colina 217.
      - From Spanish translation of Hill 218 rules