Author Topic: Four More Special Situations  (Read 3716 times)

Hannibal

• Administrator
Re: Four More Special Situations
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2014, 11:16:16 AM »
Just spitballing ideas, what about going the other way on this one?  Players bid with units, but the low guy is the one who sets the points value (and has to take that unit). 

So if you take the Ancient Red Dragon, you're pretty much assured that you won't have to take it (and the Peasant you're pretty much assured to take it).  However, the point becomes not who gets what free unit anymore.  It becomes "how much can you bump up the points value beyond 2,000 before you're stuck taking a unit."

Like I said, I'm just tossing ideas out there.  I don't even know if this would be fun for people.

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2014, 01:05:24 PM »
Yeah, I just don't think it would be all that interesting because most factions have units which are a very standard part of almost any army and you're giving away nothing.   ("I have at least one Spearmen!") It might be a real decision point if you forced the unit to be Elite, but then Marcus would (rightfully) start squawking about it being unfair to certain factions.

Plus flavorwise it's a pale version of the excellent "Spies" (a.k.a. "Long Range Recon") Situation in which armies are partially known.
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2014, 01:21:27 PM »
"Art as expression, not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations"
-Rush, Natural Science

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2014, 08:08:38 AM »
 :-*
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

gornhorror

• Playtester
  • Goony goo-goo!
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2014, 01:02:46 PM »

It's a SEA BIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and BTW, the only thing Marcus really squawks about are the refs calls during a Packers game.........!!!!!
Where's this shade, that you got it made?