Author Topic: Rulebook Example Suggestions  (Read 365 times)

Hannibal

• Administrator
Rulebook Example Suggestions
« on: July 03, 2019, 10:56:02 AM »
I have a request from the Battleground community. 

The short:  I have 2 blank pages in the Main Rulebook that I have to fill.  What examples do you think need to be in the main rulebook?

(Here's the current draft of the BGFW rulebook for reference.   It is still a WiP, so references like the index are all wrong at the moment)

The long
(i.e. why I can't just delete those two pages): The rulebook has to have a number of pages divisible by 4.  Otherwise we're paying for blank pages we're not using.  Between edits from proofreaders (thank you all who did that) and adjusting margins, I cut the rulebook by 5 pages.  However, since this is going to be a perfect bound book, the interior cover has to be blank or we're printing rules on cardstock.  Which is no bueno for the longevity of the binding.

I also decided to make the credits its own page and will edit that later.  There's certain things I have to by law put on the product somewhere and so far I have put it on the box.  But I can put it in the Main Rulebook and make the box look a little cleaner/less cluttered.

That leaves me with 2 pages to fill.

Greatly appreciate any suggestions!

wmarshal

Re: Rulebook Example Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 12:11:29 AM »
That's a large and involved rulebook compared to what I'm used to with C&C. Without a deep familiarity with the material it's hard to think what may have been missed. Perhaps you could add an index in those two pages as a fall back?

Hannibal

• Administrator
Re: Rulebook Example Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 02:45:42 PM »
Yeah, I understand.  The rulebook can be daunting.  We already do have a 4-5 page index though (really 4.25 pages; leaving us with space to spare).

Some ideas we've gotten is how units with Spears work when charging (the +2 dice vs the -1 dice).  Also determining Base Attacks for units like Crossbowmen, Wuxing Imperial Cavalry, and Persian Cavalry.