Author Topic: Council of 5 Nations 2015 Friday Afternoon/Evening Mini-Campaign  (Read 2114 times)

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
OK kids, here's the scoop.  I'm planning on arriving at Proctor's around noon (give or take a half hour).  I'd like to run a fun, casual event for Friday.  So here it is!

Battleground Fantasy/Historical warfare 3 round mini campaign

Pick your faction, start small and finish big!

Each player selects a faction at the beginning of the event.  Players using the Monsters and Mercs faction select their mercenary faction for round 3 at the beginning of the campaign before any games are played.  

Note that the "official" Council of 5 Nations time slot for Friday afternoon is 2:00-6:00, but we really only need 2 1/2 hours for that first slot.  I'm trying to work it out with the powers that be so that the schedule reads:
2 sessions - 3:30-6:00 and 7:00-11:00+ pm.  If that's not possible, it will just be listed as starting at 2:00 and running til we finish up around 11:00.  I'll keep you all updated.

Round 1
1500 points, light terrain, Ticking Clock, 3 Command Actions per side
For this round players are only allowed to use Core units and their choice of either Elite or Standard units.  This is determined BEFORE opponents are drawn.

DINNER BREAK!
nom nom nom

Round 2
2000 points,Terrain, Breaking point, 4 Command Actions per side
All Core/Standard/Elite units for a player's faction are available for this game.  No Satrapal Levies available for Persia.

Round 3
2250 points, Terrain, Total Warfare, Special Condition, 4 Command Actions per side
All Core/Standard/Elite units for a player's faction are available for this game.  In addition, players may purchase up to 2 Mercenary units totaling up to 900 points.  That's right, you can have an Ancient Red Dragon!  See above for players using the Monsters and Mercs faction

Exceptions to Core/Standard/Elite status

Umenzi Shamans count as Core units for the sake of the campaign itself , but not for army construction.  Just like it does in Kingdoms.

Roman Triarii count as Standard units in regards to both the campaign and army construction.

I'm going to use unit prices as printed on the cards and keep any house rules to a minimum since this is supposed to be a fast, fun campaign.  The heavy lifting occurs in the campaign Kevin and I will be running Saturday and Sunday here: http://ymgforum.com/index.php/topic,10292.0.html
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 08:39:07 PM by RushAss »
"We are young wandering the face of the Earth
Wondering what our dreams might be worth
Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time"
-Rush, Dreamline

RushAss

• Administrator
  • Eat your beets - Recycle!
    • My Facebook.  Where you can see my, uh... face.
Re: Council of 5 Nations 2015 Friday Afternoon/Evening Mini-Campaign
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 03:42:20 PM »
FYI - Players that do not want to commit to the full campaign are welcome to play a game or two.  We can slot them in whenever available.  The game start times listed below are lose.  You don't have to show up at the exact time listed, but keep in mind that the odds of you having an opponent available diminish the further off of these times you go.

Game 1 - 3:30

Game 2 - 7:00

Game 3 - 9:30
"We are young wandering the face of the Earth
Wondering what our dreams might be worth
Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time"
-Rush, Dreamline